Cross-linked sensors instead of loner
Sensor technology works with elementary solutions today. Those are highly specialized and designed for the respective application area and infrastructure. It is CopServ’s aim to combine isolated applications and devices to intelligent systems and to implement them in completely new, broadened application areas.
Sensors play a key role in the internet of things as they are the connection between the real and digital world. CopServ will push on the cross linking in sensor technology and integrate it into the Copernicus services, the interface between users and Copernicus data.
Intelligent cross linking incorporates static sensors (e.g. level or ground water measuring sensors), temporary sensors (e.g. intelligent buoys or manually measurements), dynamic sensors (e.g. at vehicles) or sensors which are based on crowd sourcing technology.
Potential areas of development
- Development of hybrid sensor systems and networks
- Digitalization of environment: autonomization, flexibilization and individualization of existing sensor data acquisition processes, which are generated by digital technologies and innovative business models
- Increasing use of mobile devices by using crowdsourcing technologies for data acquisition
- Development of intelligent, self-controlled processes and self-learning sensor systems
- Integration into Copernicus Services